We celebrated Mary Aikenhead as Venerable with our RSC Associates, colleagues in ministry, former RSC’s and friends on Saturday May 31st. Each one present had an invocation asking Mary Aikenhead to pray for us from a litany. As part of the prayer service, each person was asked, “What would Mary Aikenhead say to us today?”
This is what we heard from our former RSC’s, associates, and lay colleagues in ministry:
- Continue living my Spirit
- Love one another
- Enjoy the wine today!
- Keep believing in Divine Providence
- Learn another language and talk to Francis!!!!
- Anything worthwhile is never easy
- Don’t give up! The work you are doing is great
- Increase of faith
- I am very proud of you and you are a blessing to all
- Practicar obediencia y amor projimo (Practice obedience and love the neighbor)
- Me gusta los ninos porque veo en ellos el amor de Jesus (Love the children because in them I see the love of Jesus)
- Leave them alone and they’ll come home dragging their tails behind them (Don’t try to tell people what they should do!)
We continued the celebration with a taco bar, freshly made guacamole, margaritas and trifle prepared by Sr. Carmel Somers RSC. Many Sisters from the Region were in attendance and others had commitments to ministry on Saturday. Here’s a sample comment heard later from an associate: “This is my all time favorite of the year – where we combine prayer that is all inclusive, food, fellowship conviviality and lots of fun!”