The word ‘hospice’ means a place of rest.
Our Hospices were set up to provide for those people who were terminally ill and had no one to care for them.
The aim is to provide the highest standard of care for patients and their carers through multi-professional team working. The multi-professional team consists of doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and pastoral care workers, social workers and complimentary therapists.
Staff members are employed not only for their professional skills, but for their empathy and understanding of the needs of patients and their carers. The care provided within the Hospice is holistic in nature, demonstrating respect for each unique individual and family unit.
The Mission Statement and Core Values of the Sisters of Charity is the foundation for all care provided within the Hospice. Our core values are:
- Human dignity – respecting the uniqueness of each person
- Compassion – giving support and understanding to one another
- Justice – acting with integrity, respecting the rights of all
- Quality – always seeking to improve our knowledge and standard of care
- Advocacy – striving to create a community characterised by harmony and collaboration